Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When to children learn to walk?

(6 Posts)
Blandmum Sat 11-Oct-08 14:36:43

Not the cute 'when do they start to Toddle' stuff, your actual 'real' walking like a grown up?

Because my two, 8 and 11 still endlessly drift in front of me while we are walking. They walk into other people all the time, they trip me up. They do my head in! And the walk right up next to me, so I have no room for carrying the endless bags etc

So my question, when do kids learn to walk without bumping into people?

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sat 11-Oct-08 14:39:21

Girls at about 18 and boys much older about 25 I'd say. Just enjpoy the accidental bumping into people phase when they are grumpy teenagers they will be deliberately shoving people who dare to walk into their space wink

BoysAreLikeRabidDogs Sat 11-Oct-08 14:39:35

DS1 can - he is 8

DS2 can't - he is 6 and a dreamer

I feel your pain

Acinonyx Sat 11-Oct-08 14:42:33

I was at lunch just yesterday with a friend aged 24 and noticed she weaves all over the place and gets in people's way (I could actually see people getting exasperated around us). Actually, dh complains that I do this, and I am, er, quite old....

Blandmum Sat 11-Oct-08 14:47:17

But in a wonderful way, I'm sure! smile

coppertop Sat 11-Oct-08 15:14:31

Ds1 (8) still does this. I think there's a gap in the market for a device to move your child by remote control. I sound like a contestant from One Man & His Dog - "Come by! Come by! Round the post there! Left!"

And he still walks into them...

<sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now