Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

20 week jabs as bad as the 16 week??

(12 Posts)
lauraloola Sat 11-Oct-08 11:24:50

Hi, dd has her 20 week jabs on Tuesday and I am dreading it. She wasnt too bad for the 8 and 12 week ones but the 16 weeks one really shook her up. Her sleeping and eating was all over the place and she was very miserable.

Is she going to worse again after the next ones? Any tips? We normally give her calpol which does settle her but I worry about the effects it has on her as she has it once or twice a day. Thanks.

needmorecoffee Sat 11-Oct-08 11:26:05

they get 4 lots? Blimey. didn't know that!

lauraloola Sat 11-Oct-08 11:32:00

Have I taken her for an extra lot??!!! I meant, 8 week and 12 week jabs - This will be her 16 week but a couple of weeks late.

needmorecoffee Sat 11-Oct-08 11:38:00

sounds like she has 3 lots already. I don't vaccinate my kids so am a bit hazy on all this!

ummadam Sat 11-Oct-08 13:07:07

it is still three at 2/3/4 months

http://www.immunisation.nhs.uk/Immunisation_Schedule

what does it say in your red book?
the reactions depend on what she is having so it makes a difference.

Calpol a couple of times a day for a day or two is ok if you find it helps. I'd be a bit sore and grumpy if someone stuck a needle in my leg too

DS was completely fine with 2 and 4 months but got a temperature and major grumpiness with his 3 month jabs for about 24 hours.

lauraloola Sat 11-Oct-08 15:31:44

Thanks Ummadam. I added a jab too many on my post!!

Hopefully she will be ok with this one. She was fine for her 2 month but her 3 month was a nightmare.

needmorecoffee Sat 11-Oct-08 17:43:06

did the docs say it was a 'normal' reaction, not allergic or anything like that? I think if a child is really ill, high pitched type screaming or has a seizure then more vaccinations are contra-indicated.
You can always delay a month or so.

feelingbitter Sat 11-Oct-08 18:08:59

DS had his 16 wk jabs this week. he was OK after them, but, stupid mummy here didn't realise it was 3 injections this time (how I missed that I don't know) but the nurse told us that if there had been any reaction at all previously, we could split them up into a 2 and a 1 at a later date. Maybe something to ask about if DD didn't do well last time. Also,calpol is a Godsend. DS has medical condition and his meds have to be increased massively if he develops a temperature, so the Dr advised us to give Calpol beforehand to try and pre-empt it. DS has never had any problems, apart from screaming so much he was sick over me last time wink.

lauraloola Sun 12-Oct-08 14:32:51

Oh yeah, I forgot it was 3 jabs this time too. Do they do 2 in one leg? I hate it and am so glad this is the last lot for a while.

feelingbitter Sun 12-Oct-08 14:44:50

Yes, 2 in one leg. Looks like a snakebite. I chose to have the 3 at once as DS was OK AND I was very keen to have an 8 month break from them. It is horrible isn't it?

lauraloola Sun 12-Oct-08 14:47:48

I hate it, she just looks at me and then screams. Bring on the 8 month break - Then she will be older and worse I guess!

feelingbitter Sun 12-Oct-08 15:34:28

Yes, I will be back at work then so DP and I will share DSs numerous appointments. I will be damn sure to have something very important to do at work on the injection days - will gladly do everything else!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now