Talk

Advanced search

Top tips for biting?

(4 Posts)
Badgermoose Fri 10-Oct-08 20:37:44

In the past couple of weeks DS (nearly 20mths) seems to have developed a taste for biting. He's had a go at me and his sister. I've told him 'no biting, biting is horrible' pretty sternly and left it at that but today when I picked him up from nursery they said that he had bitten 3 children blush.

I'm not really sure what to do (other than to remind myself, yet again, that this too shall pass) and tell him no firmly if I see him do it. He seems a bit young for time out etc. Just wondering if anyone had any bright ideas to encourage him to stop

(Already in nursery bad books as he also has the most monumetal tantrums, so am on the recieving end of irritating helpful parenting tips from them and can see them mentally rolling their eye when they see us coming in blush and that was before he turned into a trainee cannibal)

Badgermoose Fri 10-Oct-08 20:57:06

eyes I mean blush

Marne Fri 10-Oct-08 20:58:16

A firm NO and walk away from him.

nigglewiggle Fri 10-Oct-08 21:01:58

Did timeout for DD, can't remember exactly how old she was but def younger than 20 months. She bit me and DH and we gave her (very brief) timeouts and it stopped immediately and she's never done it since. She's now nearly 3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now