Talk

Advanced search

So DS1 has handed the Tantrum Mantle to DS2, DS1 now likes to run away when we are out......wwyd??!!

(1 Post)
geraldinetheluckygoat Fri 10-Oct-08 16:04:05

After a breif period of calm with the kids, their new trick is for DS2 to do the arched back stiff body full on screaming tantrum whenever I try to get him in car seat/buggy. This I can handle, I just manhandle him in and get straps done up. BUT, ds2 has taken to running in opposite direction while this is happening, in town today, while I was trying to get ds2 in buggy in a cafe (which took a couple of minutes), ds1 had legged it up stairs, out into shopping centre. I had family with me so was able to abandon buggy and go after ds1, who all the time was laughing manically and was just out of control angry. I shouted really loudly at him to stop, but this of course just drove him on!! Once I got him, I made him sit in buggy, but had to fight to get him in, and the whole situation was embarassing and i felt like i dealt with it craply.
When we got home, he ran off right down the street as i was opening the front door. He loves the chase, other bad behavour, i try to just ignore, or put him in his room to calm down if he is really ridiculous, but cant really ignore this as he could get lost /go somewhere unsafe. Anyone have any advice for me?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: