Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long to cut first tooth?

(4 Posts)
Sallypoo Mon 06-Oct-08 11:43:53

Hi all

DS is cutting his first tooth - I can see it! He has just turned nine months old.

He has been out of sorts for a week or more and we actually first saw the tooth under the skin last sunday, so a week ago. My question is how long does this last?

He doesn't want to eat (painful), sleep (because he's in pain), and he just looks so sad and he's such a happy boy. He seems to get hot at night - I think from crying... runny noise etc.
Mum & Dad are knackered because of lack of sleep....

We're giving Paracetamol and Ibuprofen for the pain, but I just feel so sorry for him - does it usually take this long? It occured to me that maybe he's cutting more than one - especially as he's that bit older???

Help!

bubblagirl Mon 06-Oct-08 14:39:47

can take weeks for tooth to come through give him things to chew on carrot stick etc once gum has toughened and opened doesnt take long at all probably find has a few coming through

i would just use nurofen for pain as calpol didnt touch teething pain at all for my ds

the cool bonjela is great as well always did this just before eating eased enough to get some food going down but kind of went back to mushed food and not so solid to guarantee he would eat

use norofen and bonjela before bed and should help aid a more restful sleep bless him

keep him dressed lighly could be runninga bit of temp from the pain so give nurofen in enogh time to work before his usual sleep time and do more 4 hrs later even if my ds was asleep i would syringe some in slowly to prevent him waking in pain

meandmyjoe Mon 06-Oct-08 17:01:05

Takes weeks for my ds to get teeth through. Anbesol oil is good and ashton and parsons powders are good too.

Sallypoo Mon 06-Oct-08 19:38:42

Thanks Ladies,

I suspect there is a least one other tooth. The first had def peiced the skin last sunday, as I could feel a sharp point, and can see three little white bumps now where there was only one. I think the one next to it is coming through.

I am pleased to hear you mention the temp, because he has been eally hot the last couple of nights.

I'll try the carrot. So far the only thing I can get him to eat (for the last 4 or 5 days) is fish fingers!

I'll try the oils - have the powders already and these have word in the past, but this pain seems to acute for them to touch.

Once again, many thanks
Sallypoo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now