Talk

Advanced search

spotty 11 week old

(6 Posts)
ilovealgreen Sat 04-Oct-08 21:08:17

My DS is 11 weeks old and breast fed. He is really spotty at the mo and it almost looks like he has blackheads on his chin
Could it be my hormones still at this stage? The spots are only on one side of his face the one we normally feed from at night - could it be my bedding?
I just dunno and feel sorry for the little blighter.
x

lauraloola Sat 04-Oct-08 21:32:41

My dd had baby acne when she was 6 weeks old that they thought was eczema. We used hydrocrotosone cream and it went.

Just recently I have started using a body spray that I havent used in a while and dd's spots have returned. I have now stopped using it and it seems to be clearing up.

Do you wash your bedding in the same as you wash your ds's clothes?

angrypixie Sat 04-Oct-08 21:44:02

Both my bf boys had hideous baby acne. I have very few photos of them from 4 - 16 weeks it was grim! But it cleared naturally and they have had beautiful skin ever since.

It will clear - just be scrupulous with keeping your hands clean and don't, whatever you do, be tempted to try lotions or potions or god forbid squeeze!

My dd didn't get any.

Sawyer64 Sat 04-Oct-08 21:47:58

My DD2 was like that at around 12 weeks,she was just being christened,and was very spotty.

I assumed it was Breastfeeding/Hormones etc.But I did notice she often had a "wet" face etc. from the milk and wondered if this could be the cause,tried to ensure I rinsed her face after a feed,seemed to help.

pinata Sat 04-Oct-08 22:14:22

my DD's cheeks really used to flare up and i found keeping them clean with cotton wool and water and then putting on calendula cream as a barrier really helped (i used earth friendly baby cream, after trying lots of different ones) it would usually be on one side, too

ELB1 Mon 06-Oct-08 11:16:08

My DD also had baby acne. My sister is a paediatric nurse on a burns unit so is a bit handy when it comes to knowing what is good for skin problems in kids. She recommended aqueous cream (very cheap from chemist) and it cleared up in a few days. Since then I have also found it to be brilliant for nappy rash!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: