Talk

Advanced search

Please help!

(10 Posts)
goldilocksandmylittlebear Sat 04-Oct-08 18:18:39

I'm a first time mum with a very happy highly energentic 10 month old.

He is lovely but NEVER stops moving. Its really noticable whilst eating. If he's not holdng something he can't sit still! I dread eating out with my friends and their babies.

He can sit and read books for 10 mins and when playing spends time at things but then its on to the next thing and the next.

He sleeps 12 hours at night with a hour am and pm.

Nappy changing is a nightmare unless I turn into entertainer and sing etc.

Is this ADHD?

Tortington Sat 04-Oct-08 18:19:26

sounds about right to me - normal

goldilocksandmylittlebear Sat 04-Oct-08 18:22:05

Will he be a nightmare at school and play group?

Overmydeadbody Sat 04-Oct-08 18:24:10

He's only 10 months old, it's too soon to tell.

He sounds quite normal really, there is no point you worrying about school and playgroup now, seriously.

Chill.

FranSanDisco Sat 04-Oct-08 18:24:38

He sounds like a 10 month old should be smile

Chaotica Sat 04-Oct-08 18:45:48

He sits still for ten minutes?? That's more calm, if anything, than a lot of 10m olds... smile

goldilocksandmylittlebear Sat 04-Oct-08 19:19:18

Thank-you, its been really worrying me! I can't help but compare the other babies in our baby group with him. It's the little things like getting in the pushchair.....the others just go in but he loves to wriggle and let everyone know he doesn't want to get in!

The others will sit on their mums lap for ages, not him! He's off! etc etc....

hercules1 Sat 04-Oct-08 19:23:16

Very normal.

meandmyjoe Sat 04-Oct-08 20:33:37

Totally normal. My ds is 13 months and is ALWAYS walking/ running, never sits unles physically restrained/ strapped in. Gets whingy if made to sit in high chair or buggy for too long. He is a bit extreme but your ds sounds totally normal. At this age the world is so abstract to them, they have to be on the move and touching/ experiencing everything as they have no idea what anything is. If he wants to explore and learn it's very unlikely there;s anything wrong with him. My ds never sits still unless holding something to explore but why would he? He can't just sit and watch the world as he has no clue what he's watching if you see what I mean? They learn by touching and transporting things. He sounds fine!

meandmyjoe Sat 04-Oct-08 20:34:28

Oh and I still have to wrestle my ds to get him in the buggy! Not the high chair anymore though as he's realised it means food is on it's way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now