Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pooing: bye bye Mummy, bye bye Daddy!

(5 Posts)
DaDaDa Fri 03-Oct-08 15:37:41

DS is 23 months, still in nappies, and for the last few weeks every time he poo's he sends us out of the room. He calls us back in when he's done.

Any experience of this? Does it mean he's ready to be potty trained? We've tried to make sure he doesn't think there's anything bad about pooing but he seems to want privacy!

AnnElk Fri 03-Oct-08 15:40:13

I like to think that it's a primeval, lower brain cortex thing to want to be alone to poo - a protective reflex or something.

Anyway, yes, normal.

policywonk Fri 03-Oct-08 15:42:09

Mine both did this but didn't seem to relate to potty training in either case.

Agree with Ann - isn't it a basic (mammalian?) thing to feel vulnerable when you're eating/toileting/having sex etc because your eye is off the ball.

Where have you been BTW, DaDaDa? I nearly put out a call for you on a Missing Mumsnetters thread.

DaDaDa Fri 03-Oct-08 15:52:11

Been on holiday for a bit, then busy at work, and then pathetically ensconsed in football forums as my team spectacularly self-immolate.

What have I missed? smile

policywonk Fri 03-Oct-08 15:58:51

Well there were a couple of heated state/private school threads. Plus a Fall thread.

Sorry to hear about football team <lowers eyes respectfully>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now