Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Children with ADHD - did yours crawl?

(7 Posts)
thumbwitch Thu 02-Oct-08 16:28:53

I have read some stuff about babies who don't crawl and the resultant potential for ADHD and would just like to hear from parents with children who have ADHD (diagnosed or suspected) - did your children crawl or did they bumshuffle, or go straight to walking?

Thanks

thumbwitch Thu 02-Oct-08 16:34:44

bump

Wisp Thu 02-Oct-08 16:41:01

My DS1 has ADHD, also ASD, and he crawled from 9 months, walked unaided on his first birthday. HTH

thumbwitch Thu 02-Oct-08 21:35:05

thanks Wisp!
Anyone else?

asteamedpoater Thu 02-Oct-08 22:18:25

I think the connection is greater with dyspraxia than ADHD. But 10% of children are bottom shufflers and only a minority of those go on to have dyspraxia, ADHD or any similar disability. Plenty of children also go straight to walking without it meaning anything significant. It certainly shouldn't be used on its own as an indicator of any condition - or even as part of the diagnosis of any condition, as there are also plenty of children with dyspraxia and ADHD who crawled quite competently.

thumbwitch Thu 02-Oct-08 22:30:36

Thanks asteamedpoater - I wasn't going to be daft about it and use it as a sole indicator, I was just looking for info out of interest really, having seen it on a neurological info website.

catweazle Sun 05-Oct-08 19:54:13

My DS with ADHD crawled (backwards) at 4 months old (there were 20 or so shocked witnesses- he did it at Toddler Group!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now