Talk

Advanced search

My DS 8mths not rolling

(7 Posts)
AuntyJ Wed 01-Oct-08 21:55:25

Dont know if this is normal ds doesnt roll at 8mths. DD rolled about 4mths.
He sits up and is making attempts at crawling so should I be concerned that he is not rolling?

hairymcclary Wed 01-Oct-08 21:57:42

I wouldnt worry tbh. If he is showing signs of trying to crawl then im sure he is ok smile

My dd1 never crawled - hated it, she skipped that bit and went straight to walking.

Shitemum Wed 01-Oct-08 21:58:39

My DD1 didnt show much interest in rolling either, didnt crawl much either. Just stood up and cruised holding onto the furniture, walked unaided at 13 mo.
If you put him on his front can he roll onto his back?
DD1 wore cloth nappies and I wondered if they were too bulky to let her roll easily...

Waswondering Wed 01-Oct-08 21:59:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Niecie Wed 01-Oct-08 22:05:59

My DS2 didn't roll until after he walked. I did wonder what was going on but he sat up at 3.5 mths, crawled at 8 mths and walked at 11mths so it didn't do him any harm.

DS1 rolled at 4.5 mths but didn't crawl until 10 mths and didn't walk until 14mth and has dyspraxia.

Based on my sample of 2 I don't think it is anything to worry - it doesn't seem to mean very much at all and they all get there in the end.

AuntyJ Wed 01-Oct-08 22:11:53

Shitemum - no he hates hates hates being on his front I think this is probably the issue. If he is on his back he swings his legs about but just shows no interest in rolling!

Thanks everyone else - you know what its like when you look at development books etc I didnt think it was a huge issue but I just wanted to check that it wasnt being odd!

smartiejake Wed 01-Oct-08 22:23:57

At 9 months my dd wasn't rolling.

She then rolled, went forwards in her walker, crawled, pulled herself up on the furniture and then walked in the space of 3 weeks and was walking well by 11 months! (better than my friends ds who had crawled at 5 months and rolled at 4 months!)

They all do things at different times and speeds.I really wouldn't worry.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: