Talk

Advanced search

over sensitive and anxious behaviour

(4 Posts)
walkerloni Wed 01-Oct-08 20:29:50

My daughter is 22 months old and been at her child minders full time since she was 7 months old. recently she has developed some over anxious and sensitive behaviour which my child minder is reduced to tears over. Anyone had experience of this and what stratergies did you try?

Marne Wed 01-Oct-08 20:33:58

what kind of anxious behaviour?

walkerloni Wed 01-Oct-08 20:37:39

she went through the crying when leaving her and picking her up thing. This is now barely under control. She now seems to cry at the slightest thing. Today she cried 11 times in total including when the door bell rang, when another child touched her cup and stuff like that. She just does not do this at home but she is an only child.

Marne Wed 01-Oct-08 20:45:49

Dd1 has always been anxious though she does have sn.

Could she be over tiered?

With dd i would try and distract her with something else as soon as she started crying.
I think they find other people touching there things very hard, dd hates people touching her things, she has toys which she shares and then toys which are in her room which she does'nt share.

If she's not doing it at home maybe she is just seeing how far she can push the childminder. Maybe its best for your childminder to ignore, try and distract her with something else or just walk away (to the otherside of the room) until she calms down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now