Advanced search

(6 Posts)
drsk Wed 01-Oct-08 14:11:20

My son was dry throughout the night for a long time..(occassionally wetting the bed at night),but every since he has gone back to school,he has been wetting the bed nearly every night..I've been getting him up at night to go to the loo,before i go to bed ,but by morning he has wet the bed again..My husband is getting angry with him but I'm staying calm as i don't want my son to get upset,what can i do?My son is 7...should he still be going through this or could there be something wrong????

throckenholt Thu 02-Oct-08 11:17:26

it could be overtiredness from being back at school.

I would try not to make an issue of it - I am sure he isn't doing it deliberately.

I think you need to try and calm DH down and get him to be very low key about it.

Mutt Thu 02-Oct-08 11:24:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fortyplus Thu 02-Oct-08 11:28:21

I don't know why this works but it worked for me and several other people I know in this situation...

As soon as he gets home from school give him a MASSIVE drink - nearly a pint if he can manage it.

I think they don't drink enough at school then have too much in the hours before bedtime. So the huge drink around 3.30/4pm compensates for that and the problem goes away. If it continues then he may be worried about school and you need to dig deeper.

throckenholt Thu 02-Oct-08 12:16:47

I read about that - something to do with making sure the bladder gets full and and triggers the emptying mechanism while they are awake, rather than just gradually filling up overnight and then triggering emptying while they are alseep.

I think part of the problem is they forget to drink at school, then have a drink at tea time and then go to bed an hour or so later - the bladder doesn't have time to process it all before they are asleep.

If they are sleeping heavily they wee without waking up.

drsk Fri 03-Oct-08 20:45:26

DS does sleep very heavily,he has said that he doesn't know that he is doing it....DS has had alot of things happen this yr Grandparents separted this yr and going into all changes for him...
We did ask DS if there was anything upsetting him..he did first come out and say no...but later as DH took him to bed he did say he was getting bullied at school,so we are going to talk to the teachers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now