Talk

Advanced search

3yr old spitting!

(7 Posts)
misdee Tue 30-Sep-08 18:15:15

arrrrrrrgh

dd3 is spitting at people, at furniture, at anything.

am sick and tired of it.

she is currently in time out for spitting in dd1 face.

please please someone help me. i dont know what to do.

misdee Tue 30-Sep-08 20:50:29

just me with a child with a disgusting habit then sad

i really dont know where she gets it from. its a ditrty habit and i hate it.

lg08 Tue 30-Sep-08 20:56:52

My 3 year old ds is like this. Am trying to ignore where possible. However, he spat in a child's face, so he was told off for that! He thinks it is funny. I hate it and feel it's rude. Hoping it will pass soon.

thehairybabysmum Tue 30-Sep-08 21:10:39

My ds (3 in dec), has started to sometimes spit food out att table, thinks its funny. I have been telling him off and have told him its dirty and he gets sent straight to step for doing it no warning, he does seem to be doing it less since i have been harder on him for it.

redclover79 Tue 30-Sep-08 21:49:31

ds1 did this for a while. In the end I told him if he felt the need to spit he would have to go to the bathroom as no one else wanted to see him do it. He eventually got over it I think because he got no attention/reaction, and dinner was getting cold while he was away from the table!

Tryharder Tue 30-Sep-08 23:31:28

Hi misdee,

Does your DD3 go to nursery/school? That would probably be from where she picked up the spitting. My DS1 started spitting a few months back - the first time, his friend (aged 3) reported that my son had spat at him. I told him off but didnt make a big deal of it as I hadnt seen the spitting and couldnt be 100% sure of the circumstances.

However, a week or so later, DS1 spat at me during a tantrum over something or other. To be quite honest, I went absolutely ballistic and DS1 got a smack blush and was sent to bed - for the first time ever i left him to cry himself to sleep. I was SO cross - I hate spitting. Later on, I explained to him that spitting was very, very nasty and that neither me nor his daddy spit at anyone and that we wouldnt tolerate it etc etc, also that he wouldnt have any friends at nursery if he spat at them and so on and so forth. And it seems to have worked because he hasnt done it since.

englishspringer Wed 01-Oct-08 09:55:20

so glad i found this link - my DS1 now 5.5 spat at the Au Pair y'day - she didn't tell me this yesterday but this morning told me at breakfast. so cross firstly at him for spitting and secondly at her for leaving it for a day and then telling me when he was there. so i left the hous ethis morning after giving him a lecture about his behaviour - i don't see him in the evenings so he went to school upset and aaaarrrrrgggghhhh - i do not know how i should have handled it. he is meant to be going to play at a friends house this evening and i originally told him that he can't go - but he has just joined the school needs to make friends etc. what should i have done?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now