Talk

Advanced search

16 mths old and only 4 teeth

(5 Posts)
madeindevon2 Tue 30-Sep-08 12:32:32

surely should have more by now?

madmarriedNika Tue 30-Sep-08 12:43:14

my 15 month old only has 3!
both my DCs have been late teethers, with first teeth not appearing until 13 months. But apparently this is still normal, so don't worry- they will come! At 3yrs old my DS now finally has his full set!

ten10 Tue 30-Sep-08 12:56:35

My sister didn't have any teeth till nearly 20mths and then her first was a back tooth,
but she eventually had all come through before she was 2 and a half without any problems i.e. they all came through strong, straight and healthy

and still has very strong teeth as an adult, she is the only one without any fillings out of myself and my other three siblings, (but I am sure that this has nothing to do with late teeth)

simpson Tue 30-Sep-08 13:49:29

My DS (now 3) got his first tooth at 14mths shock still waiting for DD's first but she is only 8mths!!

Its totally normal my DS has only just got his last couple in the last few months.

moomaa Wed 01-Oct-08 19:53:30

Yes, another late teether here. DS got 4 at once at about 12/13 months and then none until now and is currently getting 8 (yes) all at once at 21 months. HV said that there was no need to worry as long as they had 1 by 1 and even then probably no problem but should think about getting it checked. Apparently it's common to get big batches altogether if they are late teethers so you might find loads coming through at once.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now