Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

5am starts... HELP!!!

(6 Posts)
Tiny1 Mon 28-Feb-05 21:31:58

My DS is now 14 months old and wakes every morning at 5am. It is slowly killing me... I have tried bringing him into bed and sometimes he falls asleep but most of the time he doesn't. Going to bed later makes no difference. He shares a room with DD who is 2.5 so worried about leaving him to cry incase she wakes too but this could be only option. He has never been the best sleeper unlike DD. He is a very demanding boy during the day, charming and sweet one moment and pretty determined and feisty the next! Hates being dressed, hates being put in the buggy, and will have pretty dramatic tantrums... Basically I could do with the 2 extra hours in the morning so that I can face the day! Suggestions pllleeease!!! Thank you..

pixiefish Mon 28-Feb-05 21:33:58

My dd wakes early but a quick feed sends her back to the land of nod for a couple of hours.

Frizbe Mon 28-Feb-05 21:34:44

hmmm may sound odd but is there something waking him? someone going to work on his side of the house? car etc? someone going to toilet? reason I ask is that dd has taken to sensing me whenever I seem to go upstairs at night/go to loo in am! and bloomin wakes up! argh eh! good luck in finding your solution, although I think it maybe the crying one you've suggested....

vicdubya Mon 28-Feb-05 21:44:18

Tiny how much daytime sleep does he have?

I have been trying to cut down ds (11 months) daytime sleep just lately to see if it cures our early starts (not as bad as 5am, usually 5.45 - 6ish) and it does seem to be working, a bit, he often wakes at 4.30 - 5 but goes back to sleep after a BF until 7-7.30.

He was sleeping 2-3 hours in the day and I have cut it back to 1 - 1 1/2 hours max, he has this sleep in the morning before lunch, usually from around 11 to 12.30.

This makes it more difficult for me to have a rest when he naps, but I'm hoping it kickstarts a new pattern of longer nights...

rogan2001 Mon 28-Feb-05 22:37:04

my ds used to wake up at 5am every morning at that age, i used to be totally knackered and go to bed at 8pm nearly every night. He sleeps in till 7am now that he is at nursery and his days are busier. sorry can't offer any advice, but know how knackering it is.

WideWebWitch Mon 28-Feb-05 22:38:26

My dd does this quite a bit too. I wish I knew the answer. If I find it I'll tell you. I am trying cutting daytime sleep too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now