Talk

Advanced search

So dd has decided it's no to carrot puree and yes to human flesh, am I raising a baby canibal?

(4 Posts)

Baby wildthing 7mo has started biting her brother 4 and drawing blood. shock

She doesn't bite anyone else.

I am aware that I can't really stop her, short of chaining her in the corner like the animal she is. winkgrin

But how do I explain it to my sobbing, bleeding ds?

It has happened twice today and I feel very sorry for him, he adores his little sister, but I can see that changing very quickly at this rate.

Shameless bump, help me with my baby vampire.

CapricaSix Sat 27-Sep-08 19:54:54

Nothing wrong with say No in a sharp voice and removing her, if you're around to do that, and teaching her brother to say No firmly too, while of course explaining to him that she's just very little & doesn't understand what she's doing! Nothing much else you can do really! And why wouldn't he understand at aged 4 that there's not much more you can do about it?

bluebean Sun 28-Sep-08 09:59:06

My DD (9 months) started biting me and, oddly, the cat about the seven month mark too. She's the proud owner of six teeth and it can really hurt.

All we do is a firm "no biting" with eye contact - no raised voice. This usually results in floods of tears subsequent cuddles. It does seems to be working as it is happening much less now. Although she may just have grown out of the phase herself anyway - who knows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now