Talk

Advanced search

12 month old biting - will it stop

(7 Posts)
PinkyDinkyDooToo Wed 24-Sep-08 21:00:09

DS2 is 12 months old and he has taken to biting us on the arm or shoulder or DS1's feet. It is usually through clothing and he is smiling while he does it, so not an anger thing. I'm hoping that it is just teething, he currently has 6 teeth.

What I'm looking to find out is if people have had biting toddlers, when have they started. I'm really hoping he is not going to be a biter. Please reassure me

cafebistro Wed 24-Sep-08 21:04:46

My ds went through a stage of biting at about this age. It didnt last long though. The way I dealt with it was just to say NO! sternly.

PinkyDinkyDooToo Wed 24-Sep-08 21:10:22

THanks for replying cafe. If I say no DS2 laughs at me. He doesn't take anything seriously yet. I will persevere though

MGMidget Thu 25-Sep-08 18:00:56

He's probably teething. My one sinks his teeth into everything - me included. He is also 12 months old and has been doing this on and off since he was nine months old.

conkertree Thu 25-Sep-08 19:54:06

yup i have another biter - he did it loads at about 12 months but we tried to not make a fuss of it - just what you say with a NO if it was actually sore, and if not, just ignoring it, and he stopped after a while.

Now (he's 14 months) he does it occasionally as if he's just remembered that he can, but most of the time, he doesnt bother any more, which is very nice.

PinkyDinkyDooToo Fri 26-Sep-08 13:59:57

Thanks conker, it is nice to hear he may grow out of it quite young.

I did have a friend tell me the other day that she bit her daughter back and she never did it again.hmm Not sure I'm wanting to go down that route.

dashboardconfessionals Fri 26-Sep-08 16:59:23

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now