Talk

Advanced search

Really worried about nearly 4 year old DS wetting himself still

(8 Posts)
Janos Wed 24-Sep-08 20:23:45

My DS is nearly 4 and toilet training has been a bit fraught.

I thought things were finally under control - he's hardly been having any accidents at all. Then, in the last 2 weeks he's started wetting again and today 5 times at nursery

I'm concerned he may be upset about something and that's why he's wetting again?

One thing which may be relevant is that DS lives 50/50 with me and his Dad.

I've tried everything I can think of so I'm hoping someone else has words of comfort/advice! Just worried about my little man.

Janos Wed 24-Sep-08 20:33:16

<bumping>

TeeBee Wed 24-Sep-08 20:42:25

Er, I think it might be because he is 4. He's still very young. My DS1 used to regress when he was ill. It is very early days - he is still learning and his muscles are still having to strengthen. I really wouldn't worry.

Katisha Wed 24-Sep-08 20:48:36

I woulnd't worry either. DS2 is nearly 7 and is only recently reliable...

Janos Wed 24-Sep-08 20:49:22

Do you think TeeBee? It could just be his age?
Maybe he's feeling poorly.

Janos Wed 24-Sep-08 20:53:32

I must sound very over anxious to you more experienced mums! Thanks for your comments, I feel a bit more reassured

TeeBee Wed 24-Sep-08 21:55:05

Yeah, but he might have a urine infection which means he has to go more often, or he might be so busy he forgets to go. My DS used to wet the bed if he had a cold! He is so little, it takes time. He'll get there.

Janos Fri 26-Sep-08 11:03:52

Thank you TeeBee. I'll see how he is when XP brinsg him back on Sunday. I do trust XP to look after him properly so I'm not too worried .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now