Talk

Advanced search

What should I do when DS deliberately throws all his food from the highchair?

(9 Posts)
ILikeYourSleeves Wed 24-Sep-08 20:17:18

Just wondering how to react really. It doesn't overly bother me as I know he is doing it as a sort of game and because he is learning he can, but just now I am saying to him 'Don't throw your food over!' but he keeps doing it anyway. Should I just pick it up and give it back to him without saying anything, or totally ignore and not replace the food? Or should I keep saying don't do that?

Thanks!

LittleMyDancingForJoy Wed 24-Sep-08 20:26:15

How old is he?

When DS was very little, we just picked it up and gave it back.

When he was a bit older, and could understand, we'd just say 'oh you don't want that bit, ok, I'll take it away'. If he wanted it he soon stopped throwing food!

Now he's 2.5, he knows that throwing food is Not On.

WilfSell Wed 24-Sep-08 20:27:31

Ignore it. Pick it up and either bin or put back on tray, as you wish or depending on what it is. The more you respond the more he will think it a game. they all grow out of it.

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 24-Sep-08 20:31:57

Ignore it - he is just experimenting with gravity at the moment.

charchargabor Wed 24-Sep-08 20:36:14

I pick it up unless DD seems like she's full, then I leave it and get her out. She's 14 months. It is mainly experimenting at this age.

ILikeYourSleeves Wed 24-Sep-08 21:05:09

He is 11 months old.

Miffyinsurrey Wed 24-Sep-08 21:14:45

Feed him in a room with a tiled floor (so easy to clean). Do not react when he drops the food. I would try not to comment when he does it.

My DS used to put food in his hair which wound me up so much. I think I reacted and he did it more to see my reaction again!

heartmummy Wed 24-Sep-08 21:28:14

my dd still doing it she will be 3 nov !!!!

merryberry Wed 24-Sep-08 21:30:50

miffy, please come and clean mine then, any day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now