Talk

Advanced search

Shrieking!

(7 Posts)
SmallShips Wed 24-Sep-08 18:41:24

My 7month old DD has started doing the most awful shrieking sound, she sounds really angry and the noise is going right through me and upseting her brother.

DS never did this, is it just a sound shes learnt or is she just angry. Do they all do this?

1stbaby Wed 24-Sep-08 19:15:47

My DD did the screeching thing (and still does at 12 months unfortunatley!) she seemed to go through phases where she would shriek all day for a couple of weeks then 'forget' about it for a few weeks only to 'rediscover' it again (much to my delight obviously! )

janx Wed 24-Sep-08 19:18:27

Oh i am so with you - my ds 9 months has an awful ear piercing shriek.....it can shatter glass. My dd never did it - am hoping he will stop soon

SmallShips Wed 24-Sep-08 19:38:19

Oh you were supposed to say... "it lasts one day and never resurfaces again" grin

It is truly a hideous noise, i had to put her bed early to get some peace. Poor DS has had his head under a pillow all day!

janx Wed 24-Sep-08 19:58:56

Prehaps we should put them together

pinata Wed 24-Sep-08 20:07:32

my DD does this - sometimes a very stern look and saying "NO" works, other times not. and yes, she does it in phases, usually around teeth coming through, but also at random. it is very annoying

SmallShips Wed 24-Sep-08 20:30:34

LOL janx, let them shriek at each other till they get bored.

She cut two teeth 5 days ago overnight, thought that may have something to do with it, but she seems to be shrieking out of anger/fustration. I've tried the NO and stern looks, but as shes only just 7 months i felt ridiculous and she looked at me with a 'yeah whatever Mum, i dont understand a word you're saying' type look... then shrieked again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now