Talk

Advanced search

Please help me get over jelly legs!!!!!!!!

(3 Posts)
sannie Tue 23-Sep-08 16:13:38

ds1 thinks it's hilarious to walk a few paces then fall down on his knees laughing> He does this on short walks to the shops- whenever we go out in fact. Any attempt by me to get him to walk is met with jelly legs - so he refuses to stand up and walk at all which, I admit, I find infuriating....I try distraction along the lines of ''look here comes a big bus'' ''lets go home quickly and we can play trains'' etc but with limited success.

This has been going on for a while now and is so bad I have stopped taking him out. I have a baby as well so I can't hang around ds1 and wait for him to decide to walk. He has a buggy board if he gets tired but he refuses to use it....

So is thus just a phase??? I don't see any other kids doing this....just my ds I'm slowly loosing the will here.....

he's 2.5 btw

cluckyagain Tue 23-Sep-08 16:16:18

Hmmm - I would borrow or buy a cheap second hand double buggy as I know from experience that this is seriously annoying!! Mine would just sit down and refuse - I gave up stressing and bought a buggy!

sannie Tue 23-Sep-08 16:54:25

thanks clucky, I really don't understand why he refuses to use his buggy board now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now