Talk

Advanced search

Strange, almost sexualised behaviour in 3yo since starting nursery

(7 Posts)
isthisodd Mon 22-Sep-08 14:37:16

I'm not really sure how to explain this, but I have a really uncomfortable feeling about it.

DS stared preschool a fortnight ago and over the last week his behaviour has changed. At bedtime instead of cuddling in bed whilst we read a story he insists that he holds mine/DH's hand with fingers entwined and then repeatedly kisses our hands and lips.

At bathtime he's been touching DD's chest and saying 'boobs' she's 1 1/2 so doesn't have any obviously.

He's also being playing with himself a lot which he hasn't really done before.

I know this could just be innocent, I am loathe to 'sexualise' behaviour and he's bound to act a little strangely having being thrown into an environment with different children, but I just feel a bit odd about it.

What do you think please?

RubySlippers Mon 22-Sep-08 14:39:52

aren't all young children fascinated by bodies - their own and others?

i don't think there is anything sexual about what you describe

DS is a lip kisser and hand holder

mumfor1standmaybe2ndtime Mon 22-Sep-08 14:44:40

My ds is 3 and he asked to kiss me on the lips when I left him at playschool today, not so weird to me. He also likes to hold hands.
Kids learn a lot through roleplay games with other kids and through watching family. Now I a pregnant he is noticing that I am changing too and he asks questions.
Normal behaviour imo.

witchandchips Mon 22-Sep-08 14:54:39

Entirely age appropriate!
<<witch remembers ds asking for a raseberry to be blown on his willy just the other day>>

p.s i did say no!

Tidgypuds Mon 22-Sep-08 15:02:24

Absolutley normal I would say. All 3 year old boys play with their willy's and continue to do so right up until they are about 20 and even at 7 when they are maybe bored of playing with it, they flash it at every opportunity and think its hilarious.

witchandchips Mon 22-Sep-08 15:04:12

20! It is also very strong societal pressure and nagging from wives/partners that stops most men permentantly having a little scratch/just adjusting things!

Tidgypuds Mon 22-Sep-08 15:07:15

Ok 20 was optimistic....I didn't want to scare the OP...is maybe 40 more realistic? I dont have much experience of it past age 30, going off Ex-H.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now