Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping past 2.30am in the night

(5 Posts)
sashahos Mon 22-Sep-08 09:05:34

This is my second child and she is 6 weeks old. She is gorgeous, but we seem to be regressing on the sleep front. She eats loads and is putting on weight (11.5lbs) and sleeps v.well. However, she is now waking every night at 2.30am on the dot, screaming and will not be settled unless she feeds. The feed before is at 11pm. She was doing more sleep in the middle of the night when she was younger grin. I am going back to work sad in a week and am desperate to know what to do to try and encourage her to sleep through till at least 4am, so that I can get a little sleep and pitch up at work with at least a little bit of my brain working grin. Has anyone out there had this problem? Any solutions?? HELP!

feeble Mon 22-Sep-08 11:59:01

Sorry I can't help both of mine were regular wakers for feeds but didn't want you to go unanswered. Hope someone can help you - maybe I will get some tips for no 3!

Soapbox Mon 22-Sep-08 12:01:34

Isn't a 3.5 hour gap between feeds entirely normal at 6 weeks?

Does she go back to sleep after a feed and if so when does she next wake?

I'm really not sure there is much you can do, other than move her 11pm feed forward to midnight.

Seona1973 Mon 22-Sep-08 13:29:59

she could be having a growth spurt and is extra hungry but waking 3 hourly is very normal at this age and I'm not sure there is much else to do about it except ride it out until she is taking enough milk to see her through a bit longer.

RubySlippers Mon 22-Sep-08 13:32:07

she is waking for food at 2.30 am which is totally usual for a tiny baby

best thing to do is go to bed v v early and get your rest too

IME most 6 week olds eat every 2 -3 hours at least

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now