Talk

Advanced search

pooey pants at 6 yrs old!

(7 Posts)
shamum Sun 21-Sep-08 18:41:17

Does anyone have any insights on what on earth we can do with our 6yr old d who keeps pooing in her pants because she's too LAZY to get there in time?? at home, at friends houses and at school! I would think she was upset about something, especially since she tries to pretend it hasn't happened, but honestly, she just can't be bothered... I've been sad, angry, disappointed, relaxed, furious about it... she keeps on doing it!

SmugColditz Sun 21-Sep-08 18:43:32

take her to the doctors and have her investigated for constipation.

Jodyray Sun 21-Sep-08 18:46:11

You are not alone. I have had the same problem. As soon as I banned treats on the way home from school and confiscated her dress ups she soon decided to stop being so lazy....that said she still shouts EVERY time she has a poo on the toilet claiming that she cant wipe her bottom. She cant be bothered to try more like. DD is 5 and a half. I am still trying to get her to do this herself purely by leaving her sitting there until she tries!!!

gagarin Sun 21-Sep-08 19:00:56

Watch out that this isn't overflow from serious constipation. Which is a very common problem. What is means is that the dc is so constipated all sensation has been lost - but more liquid poo overflows round the solid poo (that is stuck)and leaks out without the dc having to make any effort.

Not her fault?

See you GP

gagarin Sun 21-Sep-08 19:05:51

Read this thread and think about whether it could be the same for your daughter?

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=138&threadid=553228#11330117

juuule Sun 21-Sep-08 19:27:46

Agree with gagarin and colditz.
See your GP and have her checked for chronic constipation.

Don't get angry with her. It might not be her fault.

shamum Sun 21-Sep-08 19:55:13

hmm, I think I will take her back to the GP, especially after reading that other thread. We went once before but were pretty much dismissed - GP refused even to feel her tummy to see if she might be constipated and just told us not to worry-but I should be sure, esp before calling her lazy!

Still, it's pretty solid stuff and if we're together we catch the moment because I recognise the special 'need the loo' expression and ask if she might need to go. she has told me that this has happened because she didn't want to miss her turn at games, or miss her favourite advert on TV!!! So perhaps some carrot/stick as well...

thank you everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now