Talk

Advanced search

can anyone recommend a good fun pc game that will introduce my ds (nearly 3) to using a computer/mouse/etc?

(10 Posts)
dandycandyjellybean Sat 20-Sep-08 21:13:48

was looking at a Thomas one today, but realised that he has no idea about moving the mouse, watching cursor on screen etc.

policywonk Sat 20-Sep-08 21:15:45

Have you tried the CBeebies site? There are loads of games on there, some very simple. The only way for them to learn about the mouse and the cursor is for them to do it - they flail about for a while, but then they get the hang of it. I wouldn't splash out on any special games (unless you really want to).

purpleturtle Sat 20-Sep-08 21:26:01

this site is good fun too.

ShinyPinkShoes Sat 20-Sep-08 21:28:33

This game is great fun & really good for getting children used to using a mouse:

Tropical Swaps

random Sat 20-Sep-08 21:28:40

Can recommend the poisson rouge site ..best one I've come across

PinkPurple Sat 20-Sep-08 21:29:05

kneebouncers is really good for showing him the basic concept of "press something on keyboard"..."and something will happen on the screen".

fisher price have an infant and a toddler section

nick jr
playhouse disney
poisson rouge
all worth looking at...you should be able to find something at his level on most of these sites.

2 good ideas:
go into control panel and slow the mouse speed way down until he gets the hang of it.
browse all of these sites on your own 1st and bookmark the ones he might like...otherwise he'll get frustrated browsing though all the ones that are too hard for him, waiting on the "good" ones.

FromGirders Sat 20-Sep-08 21:32:37

My ds has been using cbeebies for quite a while. Started with some of the very easy games on the autumnwatch section - just moving the mouse around and clicking on things.
Second what someone said about slowing your mouse speed down though - and if you can get a small sized mouse, that helps a lot too.

dandycandyjellybean Sat 20-Sep-08 22:29:06

thankyou thankyou thankyou

susia Sun 21-Sep-08 21:32:29

club penquin is good

Acinonyx Mon 22-Sep-08 08:43:27

This is a great educational site: www.starfall.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now