Talk

Advanced search

help angry 4 year old

(2 Posts)
ammum Sat 20-Sep-08 20:13:15

my 4 year old boy get really angry, he cleanches his teeth, shouts and get so angry he usually ends up in tears, he has just started school and holds his temper to a point there but wil hit out if he has been hit and told the other child to stop, but then he comes home and get angry at me, i have tried so many things please help me.

SciFiFan Sat 20-Sep-08 21:02:42

Hi Ammum - I'm no expert but didn't want you to go unanswered.

My DS1 (now nearly 6) often gets really angry. I used to try to get him to stop being angry but now say to him that it is OK to be angry (after all we get angry don't we - why shouldn't a child) but I try to give him appropriate ways of dealing with it e.g. stamping his feet or shouting. I think boys find it easier to expel emotions physically so I find this a better way then him hitting me or his younger brother.

Punching a pillow or cushion is another good one as again it releases the agression without hurting anyone. DS2 is much happier with this arrangement grin. Hope it helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now