Talk

Advanced search

Lidded Beakers - when do I throw them all away and only use cups?

(5 Posts)
nicand2 Sat 20-Sep-08 08:22:16

I have an annoying drawer full of various beakers and just wondered at what age did everyone else's DC's were when they stopped using them?

My Ds is 2 next month and he can drink out of an open cup quite well but I still use the lidded cups to avoid too many spillages.

FairLadyRantALot Sat 20-Sep-08 08:25:01

Mine used them till about 3...not those lidded cups as such, but those sportbottles...but that was more about spilling drinks all over the house, and they were great for taking out aswell...

norksinmywaistband Sat 20-Sep-08 08:53:38

My DD is always spilling drinks in the lounge as she takes one or two sips then leaves it to one side. For that reason during the day in the lounge she has a sports bottle, but meal times etc she has a normal glass. She is 3.9

Ds never spills a drink and always uses a normal cup he is 2.6

I guess its an individual thinggrin

NellyTheElephant Sat 20-Sep-08 10:46:24

I think you keep using lidded beakers (or at least those sports bottle type things) for ages. DD1 (3.7) always uses open cups at home, but takes sports bottle to nursery with her drink in (how else could I put it in her snack bag?) or if we're out and about all day. DD2 (19 months) always uses an open cup when sitting at the table for mealtimes, but beaker otherwise. I also give both of them a lidded beaker of milk first thing in the morning as they come into bed with me in the morning to drink their milk. So long as you regularly use open cups so that they are used to and happy with using open cups I don't think it matters to have a beaker around for occasional use when it's convenient (you won't need to keep a drawer full though - just one or two!).

hifi Sat 20-Sep-08 11:43:55

when they are 18, thats in my house if they want to drin anywhere but the kitchen table.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now