Talk

Advanced search

dummy in night

(15 Posts)
hollygiz1 Fri 19-Sep-08 09:13:33

my 3 month old daughter has started going through night without a feed she goes 10 till 7 but around 2 o clock she starts wanting her dummy and then from then on im putting it in every 10 minutes till 7 o clock as it keep falling out, any suggestions

edyta0904 Fri 19-Sep-08 11:45:05

I believe she needs feeding arund that 2 o'clock...my little one(3 mo in few days) going to sleep around 8 then wakes up at 2 or 3,feeding and then she sleeps stright away,she doesent even need a dummy recently,till 6-7ish

hollygiz1 Fri 19-Sep-08 16:43:57

i dont think she does as shes not proper awake just grumbling once i put dummy in shes fine but just keeps falling out

juuule Fri 19-Sep-08 18:00:39

It's possible she might need feeding. When you first put the dummy in, she will settle if she thinks she is getting fed. When she realises that it's not doing anything then she'll push it out. Then she'll cry again for feeding, so you'll put the dummy in again and so on and so on. I'd try feeding her.

With mine, I usually found that if they wanted a dummy to settle to sleep they usually lasted longer than 10mins once they'd nodded off with it.

hollygiz1 Fri 19-Sep-08 19:06:41

shes not crying just not settled

LittleMissNorty Fri 19-Sep-08 19:08:33

My DD done this....I turned the moses basket around (so her head was next to my bed) so I could hold the dummy in blush....but it worked, she stayed asleep and so did I smile

Geepers Fri 19-Sep-08 19:08:47

You'll be doing this forever until she doesn't have a dummy any more.

Only thing for it is to wean cold turkey from the dummy or put uo with replacing it in her mouth.

I'd probably feed her at that first wakening and get her used to not having the dummy in bed.

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 19-Sep-08 19:09:11

DS ( same age) gets restless in the night, we out the dummy in if he goes back to sleep which he does mostly then fine, if he is still restless then we feed him, just by not crying doesn't mean he is not hungry.

juuule Fri 19-Sep-08 19:12:51

If she's not crying, what would she do if you didn't put the dummy back in?

Otherwise, I'd do like Littlemissnorty.

But I do think that feeding might solve this.

hollygiz1 Fri 19-Sep-08 19:14:03

i think its also cos she cant grip it properly really stuck on what to do cos dont think shes hungry as she was going till 5 ish before and she didnt even need a dummy its only now she started wanting it

hollygiz1 Fri 19-Sep-08 19:17:48

shes grown out of moses basket so having to put her in travel cot as not ready to put her in own room yet so its hard to hold dummy in as quite low might take bottle up tonight and see if that works but first might see what happens if i dont put dummy in what you reckon

juuule Fri 19-Sep-08 19:24:51

See what happens if you don't put dummy in but have bottle at the ready

hollygiz1 Fri 19-Sep-08 19:34:02

sounds like a good idea think were going to feed her abit earlier as we wake her for her last feed at 10 cos she fed at 4 previously she sleeps in a deep sleep from 8 till 10 so if we feed her before that deep sleep it might work out better then she has a proper bed time and she might really need that feed then at 2 o clock is this a good idea

hollygiz1 Fri 19-Sep-08 19:39:28

ALSO WOULD YOU CHANGE HERIN MIDDLE IF NIGHT BEFORE THAT FEED AS USED TO BEFORE BUT THINK THAT WOKE HER UP ABIT

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 19-Sep-08 20:30:59

No only if she has pooed, if just wet leave her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now