Talk

Advanced search

What things have your impressionable toddlers done that have horrified you?

(6 Posts)
mamaolivia Thu 18-Sep-08 14:41:38

This morning dd (2.4) wanted to have music on, so I put on one of the more poppy music channels. On came the latest Pussycat Dolls video. We started dancing to it, then dd proceeded to pull her top up to emulate the little boob tops the "dolls" were wearing. A little later, they do a dance routine in some boots and dd ran to the cupboard and then put on her wellie boots! I could not believe how much she had taken on and was trying to copy them and have now decided we will not be watching music videos anymore - strictly radio only!
Just wondering what other mums have seen their toddlers doing that shcoked them by how spongelike they are!

Word Thu 18-Sep-08 21:41:28

One of the Star Wars films has Jabba the Hut, who sends an enemy into a pit. Said enemy is trying to get away from a monster and manages to kill it by trapping its neck under a portcullis.

2 days later and DS (3.5) is playing with my old Fisher Price house. I find one of the people with its neck trapped under the rolling garage door.. hmm

notnowbernard Thu 18-Sep-08 21:45:27

Not horrified, but highly amused:

DD1 (maybe just 3?) attemting to breastfeed DD2 (who would have been about 4m old) Top up and everything

grin

Word Thu 18-Sep-08 21:48:27

lol, nnb. Just remembered, my DS did that too - pretended to bf Barney (as in purple dinosaur) whilst I was bfing.

smugmumofboys Thu 18-Sep-08 21:49:50

DS1 (now 6) when about two, left the house shouting 'f*ck' loudly. We ignored and he soon forgot about it. Phew!

Kaybeeand2boys Thu 18-Sep-08 21:52:48

Not really horrifying, but a couple of days ago ds1 22mo said 'pinky ponk outside' when I went in to get him in the morning. I told him it was only on tv. So the following morning when I went in to get him he was saying 'pinky ponk only on tv'! Then this morning when I went in he was saying there were dogs under his cot and outside???? hmm
Such a strange child......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now