Talk

Advanced search

DS (3 1/2) 'don't like daddy'

(5 Posts)
halia Tue 16-Sep-08 21:03:06

Is this normal?? DS is constantly saying "don't like daddy" "go away Daddy" etc we ahev awful scenes if I've taken DS out at the weekend and then when we get back ask DH to look after DS while I get a cuppa/go to the loo/nip over to the shops.

He's never been a clingy child and is quite happy to go with people but recently he has go a bit limpet like with me.

He's quite happy to go with his dad on other occasions, they go swimming together once a week and DS loves it, they cook and draw together but we are getting these awful screaming, kicking fits when he just refuses to stay with his dad.

I thought at this age boys started bonding with their dads?

SlowDown Tue 16-Sep-08 22:07:56

Sounds familiar. Our ds is 4.3 and often likes to be in charge of who does what for him. Like, he wants me to do his car seat straps and bath and often says 'go away daddy' when dh gets home from work. Don't know why really. But it's perhaps just a phase they go through? Like your ds, ours loves to go with dh on outings, soft play centre etc.!

jelliebelly Wed 17-Sep-08 13:20:15

I am also hoping that it is just a phase. Our ds turns 3 next week and when he is in a bad mood he will often shout "go away daddy" "don't like daddy" but it seems to be a way of letting out frustration rather than any real dislike. FWIW we tend to try and ignore it and let dh carry on regardless - he always calms down eventually (pretty hard for dh to hear him say it though). A friend compared it to a stroppy teenager's "I hate you and wish you were dead" kind of thing.

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 17-Sep-08 13:35:54

Ds1 is 3.8yo and often comes out with 'don't like xyz' usually people that he really loves. DS1 2.4yo will scream and cry 'GO WAY' at us, usually when he just wants to be left alone, ie to try and get himself dressed when I am trying to help him.

Jelliebelly; I'd much rather have the baby and toddler version than the teenager version!

cory Wed 17-Sep-08 15:33:19

Phase. And 3 is a bit of a sensitive age anyway- they are so torn between growing up and wanting to be babies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now