Talk

Advanced search

DD is nearly 12 months n not crawling yet

(13 Posts)
mindy27 Fri 12-Sep-08 00:43:08

hi there, just lookin for some reassurance really, DD is 1 yr old on2 28th of this month n still not crawling, i know she can do it co s iv seen her go a few steps but it seems shes too lazy, shes got the whole commando crawl down to a tee, my dh keeps sayin theres sumthn wrong but shes so advanced in other ways like speech n copying! i just dont know wot to think??
im not particularly worried cos i think shes the brightest lil thing on the planet but cld be slightly biased!!!
xx

SparklyGothKat Fri 12-Sep-08 00:48:18

she is crawling, commando crawling... Callum commando crawls still and he is 1 on the 25th, all my kids have crawled like that (I have 2 with cerebral palsy, and 2 normal kids) am not worried at all. Callum can get about very fast commando crawling..

mindy27 Fri 12-Sep-08 00:58:24

sheis pulling herself up to knees 2 (lil devil) dh has 2 dds from b4 who were apparently walkin from 10 months or so, he just does my head in with it all!!

sparkly you have 4 normal kids, were all normal in our own way!!
xx

SuperBunny Fri 12-Sep-08 02:31:31

My DS only ever did the commando crawl thing. One day he stood up and walked. I wouldn't worry at this stage.

SparklyGothKat Fri 12-Sep-08 13:25:56

I know they are all normal, I just was explaining to you that even my 'normal ones' commando crawled lol! grin Callum is walking the furniture but still commando crawls.

mytetherisending Fri 12-Sep-08 13:36:02

I wouldn't worry. Some children never crawl at all, not even commando. Some just go from sitting, roll to furniture and get up and walk! I would worry more if at 18mths she is no further forward iyswim.

EachPeachPearMum Fri 12-Sep-08 13:41:21

My dd never did any crawling (commando or otherwise, or shuffling) until she was 15 mo- she stood up and walked 1 week later.
She is 2.7 now, and has no problems physically- she is just naturally very cautious.

Erm SGK Callum is 1 already????? OMG -How???? shock <<wanders off mumbling>> Where has the last 12 mo gone?

fymandbean Fri 12-Sep-08 13:42:36

be grateful.... as soon as they move you wish they didn't grin

HarryJoesMummy Fri 12-Sep-08 14:00:48

My ds never crawled - just stood up and walked two weeks after his first birthday. I was worried as well, because all his little friend were crawling around, but he just never liked being on his tummy and he always wanted to pick things up to explore them and he couldn't do that when he was crawling. You have nothing to worry about.

mytetherisending Fri 12-Sep-08 14:14:31

LOL at fymandbean grin I second that! You will never have a minutes peace!

wearymum200 Fri 12-Sep-08 15:50:12

DS never crawled either. Up and on his feet at 14-15 mo. Was a bit slower than others at some of the gross motor things, but was a talker not a walker. Now 2.5 and absolutely fine. Don't fret.

harpsichordcarrier Fri 12-Sep-08 15:51:41

she is crawling!
some babies never crawl at all. dd1 never crawled, she cruised at 7 m and then walked at 13 m but she didn't much like being on the floor!

mindy27 Fri 12-Sep-08 23:46:26

i feel so silly now, she crawled across the floor 2day, couldnt belive my eyes, wee sweetheart, she was so proud of herself too so we had a victory dance around the livingroom together lol, think i must get way too excited wen she does somethin new!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now