Talk

Advanced search

My baby very very sleepy after MMR, please help!

(14 Posts)
aiti72 Thu 11-Sep-08 19:01:47

Our two-month old had her MMR jab yesterday and since then -30 hours!- she's been sleeping, just waking up slightly for feeds. Today I haven't seen her eyes open and am getting worried. The nurse said some babies might be sleepy after the vaccination, but is this normal?

avenanap Thu 11-Sep-08 19:03:01

Are you sure it's MMR? She's a bit to early to have this jab.

LunaFairy Thu 11-Sep-08 19:04:03

My son who is 2.10 yrs old had his 2nd dose of MMR today. He is very sleepy this afternoon and out of sorts. I think its normal for a baby or toddler to have this reaction.

LunaFairy Thu 11-Sep-08 19:04:52

Oh yes - it can't be the MMR at 2 months??

kt14 Thu 11-Sep-08 19:06:26

aiti72 do you mean the jabs they have at 2, 3 and 4 months rather than MMR? Am pretty sure that isn't given until 13 months unless that's just our area..
And being sleepy is normal - for a while. If she's still like it tomorrow might be worth calling NHS direct or your GP.

avenanap Thu 11-Sep-08 19:08:38

Isn't it whooping cough, diptheria, tetenus, HiB, Polio? It is alot for them to have all at once. Sometimes it does make them feel unwell. Take her to the GP if you are concerned though and mention the effects before she has the next set.

Phone NHS direct if you are worried. smile

LazyLinePainterJane Thu 11-Sep-08 19:10:40

DS always slept all day after his baby jabs.

aiti72 Thu 11-Sep-08 19:42:24

Oh God, I just blindly trust we are given the right ones at the right timeblush, of course it's the one given at 8 weeks!

avenanap Thu 11-Sep-08 19:43:51

smile please do phone NHS direct if you are concerned.

podsquash Thu 11-Sep-08 19:47:47

I would think that in this case calling a doctor or NHS direct would be a better idea than listening to any of us, to be honest. We aren't professionals and she's very young to be taking a risk with not finding out properly. I think if a tiny baby's health is worrying you then definitely call a doctor. Hopefully they'll say over the phone not to worry (prob because she is feeding) but they have a much better idea than anyone else. Hope she is ok!

podsquash Thu 11-Sep-08 20:25:52

Please let us know if she is alright!

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Thu 11-Sep-08 20:27:53

Get her seen.

aiti72 Fri 12-Sep-08 20:41:31

Hi, little one is absolutely fine, at the end I just woke her up last night -and she looked at me with a big smile! Thank you so much for your answers, ladies!

podsquash Tue 16-Sep-08 13:55:03

Very glad she is ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now