Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

rolling over...is it me or does everyone feel the same?

(5 Posts)
MARRA Wed 23-Feb-05 15:51:22

my dd of 5 months has started to roll over with ease and she thinks its great....i am worried as she seems to struggle to keep her head up for a length of time and gently head butts the floor and seems to panic as if she cannot breath....i can easily attend to her whilst awake but what happens if she does it during the night whilst we are all asleep?
will she turn her head so she can breath?

mmmmchocolate Wed 23-Feb-05 15:53:47

I am also worried about DD turing over in night that i put her in a sleeping bag and she can't roll over in that. Seems a bit mean but lets me sleep and doesn't seem to bother her at moment. DD is 6 months friday.

Gobbledigook Wed 23-Feb-05 16:08:38

No I don't worry about it in the slightest but I'm on ds3 now (5.5 months) so I've had 2 babies who have survived the rolling stage and so just don't think about it. Honestly, your dd will be fine!

DS3 is also in a sleeping bag so i guess that makes it harder to roll over. If you are really worried, get a rolled up blanket and wedge one down each side of her, under her arm, so she can't roll!

Gobbledigook Wed 23-Feb-05 16:09:04

Although my ds rolls a lot while on his playmat, once he goes to bed he just lies flat. He doens't roll at all in his cot.

bizzi Wed 23-Feb-05 18:19:17

Think all mums must have this concern at the 4-6 month starting to roll over but neck muscles still weak stage. I know I did. I believe the official advice being given is not to obstruct their rolling ability, this could in itself cause more of a problem and to trust that once a baby is strong enough to turn over he is strong enough to turn his head to the side. Your HV will reasure you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now