Talk

Advanced search

How early did your children start teething please?

(14 Posts)
SnoopDog Wed 10-Sep-08 22:06:23

just that really,

dd is very young but suddenly very unsettled,

she is chewing fists, teddy/toys, muslin cloths (anything she can get in her mouth)

she is 'mouthing' her dummy and fussing while feeding on breast and bottle,

she has wimpered all night and most of the last 2 days, not like her normal chilled self,

just wondered if it is possible to cut teeth really early smile

thisisyesterday Wed 10-Sep-08 22:10:38

yep. anywhen really. some babies are born with teeth! so unusual if they're very young, but not totally unheard of

puffling Wed 10-Sep-08 22:12:01

3 months to my knowledge.
Your dd is clearly teething. If it's interfering with night's sleep, I'd give a little pain killer.

Sufi Wed 10-Sep-08 22:12:23

4.5 months.

Get the calpol in, and the herbal (camomile) sachets from Boots are also good.

Is she dribbling? Does she have very pink cheeks (that come and go)? For my DS those were the signs that the teeth were cutting through, so we always know when the end is in sight.

how old is your dd?

PavlovtheCat Wed 10-Sep-08 22:13:53

6.5 months first two teeth came through within days of each other.

But she was 'teething' for a good two months before that, as in, dribbling, in pain, chewing, red cheeks, nappy rash, which we now know is a sign she is getting more teeth as she gets it everytime just before teeth appear hmm!

SnoopDog Wed 10-Sep-08 22:14:21

she is only 9 weeks, so very very young

just wondered if these are the signs or am i missing something else?

[first time mum emotion]

monthlymayhem Wed 10-Sep-08 22:29:31

DS started showing signs of teething at 12 weeks, and got his first two teeth through last week - at 24 weeks.

ILikeYourSleeves Wed 10-Sep-08 22:57:04

My DS started teething around 3 months I think (showed all the behaviours) but didn't get his first tooth til 9 months!

PeppermintPatty Wed 10-Sep-08 23:03:39

I found it hard to tell but she got her first tooth at about 8 months old.

susia Wed 10-Sep-08 23:50:00

my ds got his first two teeth at 3 months

HateHoovering Thu 11-Sep-08 09:57:20

DS had 2 teeth at 3.5 months. I do recall that he seemed to always chew things (like a puppy) and I think that's often how babies discover their environment. They can also just be "sucky" babies without teething. The red cheeks and drooling are a give away and sometimes the gums look swollen with visable toothbuds.

ClareVoiant Thu 11-Sep-08 10:20:27

Its highly possible. Both my friends boys have had early teeth. Her youngest ds is 12months and has 16 teeth! Her oldest had all 20 by 15months. Whereas my ds only had 2 teeth at 12 months and is only just getting his last set of molars now he's nearly 3.

FeelingLucky Thu 11-Sep-08 10:25:48

Think teething can occur even when no signs of teeth as I imagine it would be uncomfortable if there's ruminations under gums.
DD was 8 weeks when started teething on and off. Didn't cut her first tooth until 9 months though.

Snoopdog - sounds like teething to me. You could try nelsons teetha before going all out on the calpol.

SnoopDog Thu 11-Sep-08 10:36:09

thanks,

will ask hv on monday when i see her smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now