Talk

Advanced search

New baby - is the tongue too big?

(4 Posts)
crabby Mon 08-Sep-08 15:20:17

Sorry to ask a really daft questions, but my LO was born 5 weeks early and since birth has almost always had her tongue poking out (now 4 weeks old). She does put it away sometimes, but I am just worried that it is too big or may be another undelying problem.

Thanks for your help with this apparently trivial question, but is very importnant to me.

RedHead81 Mon 08-Sep-08 15:42:50

My DS1 did that too - when he went for his 6wk check the doc did ask "has he always done that?" - yes he had - he's fine though - A little cheeky at times, but aren't all 3yr olds!?

Romy7 Mon 08-Sep-08 16:59:14

crabby - when dd1 was born they took her away and did lots of tests because her tongue was so huge... she's 8 now and fine - still has a big tongue though, but has learnt to keep it in her mouth mostly! mention it at 6 week check and i'm sure they will reassure you xx

crabby Mon 08-Sep-08 19:14:53

Thank you - I know it seems daft but hearing others have experienced the same problem is reassuring!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now