Talk

Advanced search

3 3/4 YO's memory appalling

(8 Posts)
thumbsucker Mon 08-Sep-08 15:07:15

I am a little worried that my ds who will be 4 in October has a really bad short term memory. When asked what he did at nursery, what he ate for lunch, who he played with and most importantly, yesterday, after a day at a castle, about which he was really excited and had a great time, can't remember anything. I don't think he's being obstinate, he could be being lazy but I'd like to know if I should be worried. what's anyone else's experience of boys' memories at this age?

Twiglett Mon 08-Sep-08 15:08:47

NORMAL

he doesn't want to tell you

they never do

NORMAL

Twiglett Mon 08-Sep-08 15:09:41

DS has done it at school since he was in pre-school .. he's now 7 (year 3) and very bright according to teachers .. still does it

DD (4) has started with it now

thumbsucker Mon 08-Sep-08 15:13:20

Thanks twiglett you have made me giggle. I'll stop worrying then

Whizzz Mon 08-Sep-08 15:13:25

agree, DS has never been forthcoming about what he did at school. YOu could maybe try being a bit more leading in asking specific questions in terms of 'do you remember climbing the stairs in the castle! What was it like at the top?' etc

If you are really worried, try playing games like Pairs & see how he does

3littlefrogs Mon 08-Sep-08 15:13:45

Normal. If it isn't in the immediate here and now, they can't remember it. They only ever remember the things you really don't want them to remember.

Twiglett Mon 08-Sep-08 15:16:36

yeah say 'bugger' in his hearing and he'll remember it for years grin

thumbsucker Mon 08-Sep-08 15:21:14

yes, now I come to think of it, he remembers when I've promised a lolly when we get to the park or some other such act of bribery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now