Talk

Advanced search

HIGHCHAIR TANTRUMS AT 6 MONTHS - HELP!!!!!!!

(11 Posts)
Quacks Tue 22-Feb-05 12:13:44

MY 6 month old daughter, is inconsolable in her high chair at every feed time. She even starts crying now as I put her in it. It's really starting to upset me now. I can;t feed her for the amount of screaming and crying she does. I have tried giving her some finger food and a spoon to hold but she just gets angrier and more upset. The highchair had a gap between her and the table as she;s still young so anything she picks up falls down it. It was a present so I don;t feel I can change it. She seems happy sometimes to get her hands in the bowl but obviously no feeding gets done. I didn;t have this with my first, so am at my wits end!!! Pls help, she's still upset half an hour after feeding. I'm dreading the next meal!

toomanypushchairs Tue 22-Feb-05 12:54:18

Could you put a cushion behind her back so that she sits further forward to block the gap? If she's small, how about one of those highchair inserts you can buy for about £10 in mothercare? what sort of highchair have you got?

mummylonglegs Tue 22-Feb-05 13:42:04

What about ditching the high chair for a bit and feeding her in one of those little bouncy chairs, or on your knee at a normal table (with you covered all over in plastic of course!)?

Quacks Tue 22-Feb-05 14:56:37

Going to use my booster seat this afternoon and see how that goes. Just wondered if it was normal fr her to be like this!

Quacks Tue 22-Feb-05 14:57:10

btw, its the Graco one, that reclines and has 3 levels, supposed to do it all!

nailpolish Tue 22-Feb-05 15:02:50

can you take the tray off and put her at the table with you? do you have something to eat at the same time? dont know if it would help at this age, poor you!

leglebegle Tue 22-Feb-05 15:27:54

just a thought, I have a similar thing with my ds2. didn't have a problem with first. I've realised its to do with the harness. he hates being harnessed in anything. do you think it could be that?

Gem13 Tue 22-Feb-05 15:30:53

Quacks - DS did a similar thing at this age with being in his buggy. Does sound like it might be the straps.

I just carried on and it lasted a couple of weeks.

Gem13 Tue 22-Feb-05 15:31:37

Carried on with him in the buggy I meant. I would try a different seating set up with a highchair.

Quacks Tue 22-Feb-05 20:28:49

Well used the booster seat instead tonight and hey - BLISS!!! She sat next to her sister and ate so much better. There's only a lap belt, so she wouldn't know it;s there. I do thing it;s the straps, as in her car seat she gets really annoyed with me strapping her in! We cam't eat together though except once or twice a week as DH works late, but at least she can eat with her sis at tea times, hope tommorow is better! tq!

nailpolish Wed 23-Feb-05 08:37:25

oh thats great! its nice she has a sister to eat with, i have the same prob with dh getting home late from work too. good luck for today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now