Talk

Advanced search

poo - Whats in it?

(6 Posts)
smurfwendy Sun 07-Sep-08 22:00:21

My 1 year old ds has interesting nappies. I can see exactly what he has eaten the day before. I knew things like sweetcorn would appear untouched, but so much of what he eats appears near perfect later. It could be washed and fed to dh without him knowing the journey his food has been on. Seriously - is it normal to find a lot of food undigested?

Wilkiepedia Sun 07-Sep-08 22:02:25

Doesn't sound normal to me. If it is undigested then he won't be getting the nutrients. I would speak to the HV or GP personally.

Is it sloppy?

smurfwendy Sun 07-Sep-08 22:05:21

At times is sloppy at others not. He is well rounded and apart from at mo normally healthy. I find carrots, peppers etc

Wilkiepedia Sun 07-Sep-08 22:11:28

Veg is very common to pass through partly digested

Woollymummy Sun 07-Sep-08 22:20:15

Especially at that age the gut is still only able to partially digest vegetables, and they don't chew the food much so it will look just like it went in! My two year old now has proper adult looking poo, except for the times when she gobbles stuff too fast, and when she has a stomach upset it goes much more yellow!

SoupDragon Sun 07-Sep-08 22:23:22

Oh that's perfectly normal.

Raisins are cool - they rehydrate into grapes whilst in transit!

Floam (a modelling putty) loses all its colour and just leaves the little white round balls. It looks like a nasty insect infestation.

5ps take roughly 20 hours to pass through.

Googly eyes from the craft box are kind of freaky when they're winking up at you from the middle of a poo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now