Talk

Advanced search

help, my baby seems to be scared of other babies

(4 Posts)
jchandler Sun 07-Sep-08 14:01:26

hi, i have a 13 month old who seems petrofied of other babies when they make any noises. She is fine with older children, but seems to 'lose it', when toddlers/babies make sudden shrieking or laughing noises. I wouldnt say she is a shy baby at all. she has been around babies most of her life, so shouldnt she be used to it??? beginning to upset me now. Any suggestions or advice????

sneekpeeks Sun 07-Sep-08 20:38:12

DS is 15 mths and is exactly the same, not shy or unsociable, but startles very easily. Has been like this since very small. Can be tricky, dont have any advice (sorry smile), but thought you might take comfort in knowing your not the only one going through it !!

jchandler Sun 07-Sep-08 20:45:04

thankyou sneekpeeks. It is good to know its not unusual. Up until 7 months, it was my DD that used to shriek and make others cry, but since then, the tables have turned... maybe she is just getting a taste of her own medicine ! grin

sneekpeeks Sun 07-Sep-08 21:04:52

Ha ha !!
DS is the same if me or DH make a sudden noise or movement, bless him !! Think just highly sensitive !!
It does take a while to settle him too sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now