Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DSes planning wedding

(6 Posts)
GhostofNatt Mon 21-Feb-05 18:19:00

Is this very wierd? My DSes (4 and 2.5) keep planning their wedding (to mummy, it was going to be the nanny but she got chucked). Older one has written a lot of sobngs which he plans to sing at the allnight party which will follow the ceremony. Hqave vague sense i should be discreetly discouraging the game but it makes me laugh...

lunavix Mon 21-Feb-05 18:20:52

I'd love it,though not encourage it It won't be long before they won't want to know, so enjoy it

GhostofNatt Mon 21-Feb-05 18:24:49

You're roight, I think I'm feeling guilty because I probably have been encouraging it by cackling too much and especially when they banned daddy from the honeymoon andnow think i may turn them both into andy warhol

Miaou Mon 21-Feb-05 18:24:52

Awww...I think that sounds lovely, GON! My dds are often play-acting at "borning a baby" (could be something to do with the fact I am pg, although they have been doing it on and off for over a year now) - I heard dd2 in the bedroom saying "you have to push, dd1, and go "ow" cos it hurts..." (where did she get that from?!?!)

IME kids go through phases of really getting involved in certain themes. Leave them to it and they'll grow out of it and move onto something else. As to who they marry, as far as they are concerned, you marry someone you love, don't you? Dd2 was determined she was going to marry me when she grew up (then dh, once it was pointed out it would have to be a man!).

GhostofNatt Mon 21-Feb-05 18:28:17

Eek, miaou, maybe the wedding is easier to cope with!

Miaou Mon 21-Feb-05 18:33:57

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now