Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a way to stop dss rough-housing near top of stairs before they kill each other.....

(13 Posts)
KerryMum Thu 04-Sep-08 16:40:26

Small landing at top of stairs. They like to push each other around there. I KNOW one of them is going to go flying down the stairs one of these days and get paralyzed or killed. stairs are in middle of the landing with bedrooms on either side and bathroom.

I have tried yellling, punishments, threats, everything.

What can I do? It is starting to freak me out and ds1 "pushed" ds2 at the top of the stairs today and my heart. I almost killed ds1 mind you.

juuule Thu 04-Sep-08 16:45:56

Stairgate at the top of the stairs?

Not much you can do apart from keep yelling and reminding them of the dangers.

juuule Thu 04-Sep-08 16:47:22

Just thought. The stairgate would probably be a bad idea. More than likely they'd try to push each other over it. Just thinking about my own dc now.hmm

NamechangersRule Thu 04-Sep-08 16:47:24

I was going to suggest a stairgate .. but then I remembered KM only speaks to people she knows wink

KerryMum Thu 04-Sep-08 17:04:29

yes have thought of stairgate but I think that would be more of a hazard as they would be pushing past each other to ee who was the first one through and that sort of thing.

KerryMum Thu 04-Sep-08 17:04:48

they are almost 6 and almost 10 btw.

HonoriaGlossop Thu 04-Sep-08 17:51:28

i think you need to move to a bungalow

HTH?

grin

HonoriaGlossop Thu 04-Sep-08 17:52:28

Sorry. No help am i.

I remember you mentioning this as an issue before though so they are obviously being REALLY pesky to continue. What punishments have you given so far?

KerryMum Thu 04-Sep-08 18:04:57

no bedtime story (usually they are at their worst just before bedtime)

put in their rooms

No movie (they are allowed a dvd on Friday and Saturday night.

onwardandupward Thu 04-Sep-08 18:05:39

Mattress and heap of sleeping bags on the bottom step as a RULE before such rough housing begins?

Some of my most glorious childhood memories are of jumping down the stairwell at a friend's house. Her parents NEVER allowed us to do it until there were plenty of mattresses, pillows, cushions, sleeping bags at the bottom. And this was one of your decent old fashioned victorian high ceilinged houses.

:-)

KerryMum Thu 04-Sep-08 18:07:26

I just had a heart attack and died there....

grin

HonoriaGlossop Thu 04-Sep-08 18:23:00

Have you asked them why they do it?

KerryMum Thu 04-Sep-08 18:25:21

they are "just playing"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now