Talk

Advanced search

DD aged 2 starting to get really upset about having her nappy changed.

(3 Posts)
magnummum Wed 03-Sep-08 19:29:01

I wondered if anyone has experienced anything similar. Up until about a month ago she was fine having her nappy changed but now she will keep denying she is dirty and gets really upset. I've tried reassuring her that it's ok. She moved classes to 2-3 year olds at nursery at about the same time, and though I've asked them if something happened either with her or another child being upset they say no. She was absolutely hysterical when I changed her earlier which is totally out of character for her. It also doesn't happen every time. Hate to see her upset and also don't want to make things worse. Any advice?

MissusAD Wed 03-Sep-08 19:34:52

I think its just a transitional time when they're more aware of what is created in the nappy and they don't really want to deal with it. My son has been the same for a few months and has just turned two this week. I try to be reassuring and say that the less he wriggles etc the easier its going to be. He is always completely happy once its gone.

LunaFairy Wed 03-Sep-08 19:45:54

This sounds like my son several months ago. He is now nearly 3 and is now out of nappies.

He was so attached to wet and soiled nappies that I would have to wrestle him to the ground to get him changed or chase him around the house - I used to dread nappy changes!

I took the plunge and potty trained him which I thought would be a distaster - but its been hassle free. It is a stage they go through (a horrible one at that!). This age they don't like being taken away from their activity - especially when its for that reason

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now