Talk

Advanced search

16 wk old dd. is this normal

(7 Posts)
pudding25 Tue 02-Sep-08 22:47:30

DD is really alert. She loves looking at other people/children. She will happily have other children pet her and other adults talk and sing to her. However, if anyone tries to pick her up apart from DH or myself, she starts crying until we take her back. Is this common? Her grandparents and aunty are getting a bit upset!

umberella Tue 02-Sep-08 22:53:00

my little dd was a bit like this at this age - they just go through phases i think smile

pudding25 Wed 03-Sep-08 09:01:08

Thanks. Am hoping things improve as she gets bigger.

meandmyjoe Wed 03-Sep-08 21:40:59

Very normal. My ds was like this from about a week or 2 old! If anone other than mummy or daddy held him then he screamed! I think he just got used to being held in a certain way maybe, also h still gets very over stimulated by different people paying him too much attention so I still try not to let too many people handle him and he's 1 now!

Pheebe Thu 04-Sep-08 08:21:59

Very normal, ask family to sit with her and play rather than scoop her up, that way she'll get used to them and the attention without getting overwhelmed

pudding25 Thu 04-Sep-08 08:54:27

Thanks Pheebe. Have begun to suggest that to them - they look at me like I am weird and mil's favourite comment is 'well, she will have to get used to it' which is very helpful...

Pheebe Thu 04-Sep-08 16:17:28

No worries, maybe you could set the example by popping him on the floor and playing with him when they come round or when you visit them. Take lots of squeaky noisy toys - fun for all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now