Talk

Advanced search

will have to tie ds to his blardy bed if he doesn't stop getting out of it. grrrrrrrrr

(10 Posts)
deaconblue Mon 01-Sep-08 20:50:12

Am so sick of the in bed, out of bed dance routine that begins at 7pm and usually ends with me losing my rag at 8pm. We've tried rapid return and have found if we stick to it rigidly we get a couple of nights straight to sleep before he starts getting up all over again. Need a permanent solution, is there one?
he's 2 and 4 months by the way. Today went to nursery, had 30 minute nap and then spent an hour running round the park this afternoon so should have been tired.

Slubberdegullion Mon 01-Sep-08 20:58:39

return return return return return

fix nice g&t

return return return return

have a wee, read grazia on the loo

return return return return

refresh active convos

return return return

remove nailpolish

return return

rearrange pen pot

return

repeat

RubySlippers Mon 01-Sep-08 20:59:59

you need more G & Ts than that Slubber wink

but yep - you are right

return, return, return

phdlife Mon 01-Sep-08 21:00:58

<sigh> once again, MrPhd's patented Fixer for this particular problem:

ONE strip velcro, attach to dc's jams

OTHER strip velcro, attach to sheet.

done.

<<passes large gin>>

RubySlippers Mon 01-Sep-08 21:01:09

BUT could also be over tired so harder to settle?

DS goes to nursery and is usually in bed at 6.30/6.45 pm

toddlers wind up, not down when they are too tired

deaconblue Mon 01-Sep-08 21:03:14

velcro sooooooooooooo tempting. So really truly if we keep returning forever when will we not have to return again? I thought a fortnight of consistent returning might solve it but he always prats around again a few days later. Also how the hell do you keep your temper and resist barking "BED" very loudly?

onceinalifetime Mon 01-Sep-08 21:04:01

Ah, my ds of 2yrs 3mths does exactly the same - 40 times the other night - I think the return return is the only option. You wear them down eventually, not before they've worn you down though. I find it hard not to get very shouty and repeating back the bed and fgs evolving quickly into ffs.

deaconblue Mon 01-Sep-08 21:05:05

could be overtired too. Who knows? there is no rhyme nor reason to it. At least when he's messed us around all evening it means he wakes up at 6 rather than 5 so perhaps I should be pleased

Slubberdegullion Mon 01-Sep-08 21:06:29

shouting

GET BACK INTO YOUR BED NOW

will not help, but it will make you feel momentarily better.

sorry shopping bags, you just have to keep going. Unless you want to shut the door and let them shout it out (quicker response but makes you feel shit).

LittleMyDancing Mon 01-Sep-08 21:13:54

oh god we're having this too at the moment. story cds worked for a bit, but now it's at least three times every night.

the only thing that seems to work is the returning, sadly. shutting the door results in screaming and then hours of consoling. shouting achieves nothing whatsoever except high blood pressure. velcro would be good, as would superglue. or duck tape.

sigh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now