Talk

Advanced search

Ds got all his stars on his star chart today and when I offered him a sticker as a reward instead he asked for....

(16 Posts)
chipmunkswhereareyou Mon 01-Sep-08 19:14:23

....a cuddle smile.

Had to share that - it was so lovely to have him not ask for something material as is the fear with this reward chart malarkey!

JackieNo Mon 01-Sep-08 19:19:18

Aaah, that's lovely smile.

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 01-Sep-08 19:20:12

ahh,nice boy..bless

Cadbury Mon 01-Sep-08 19:26:37

aww, that's lovely. smile

Mogsmum Mon 01-Sep-08 19:48:09

Aaah bless, that's great. My DS always asks for chocolate! hmm

chipmunkswhereareyou Mon 01-Sep-08 20:18:41

Well it would be great except he just had the biggest screaming session before bedtime and spoiled it all. Ah well.

I tempted fate there by posting something so positive!

meandmyjoe Mon 01-Sep-08 21:31:05

Aww that's lovely!

chipmunkswhereareyou Mon 01-Sep-08 21:38:58

It is especially lovely as he never used to be the cuddly kissy type and now (he's recently turned 3) he gives me loads. Bless him. Well apart from during the 10 min screaming tantrum since the original post that is!

LittlePushka Mon 01-Sep-08 21:40:37

Well he is a credit to you my dear!! Well done him!

My DS cheers and claps and asks for his chocolate when is walking into the bathroom,...talk about premature!

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Mon 01-Sep-08 21:41:42

Bles him. smile

I'm in a psychic mood today - that's the second op I've predicted correctly.

chipmunkswhereareyou Mon 01-Sep-08 21:52:47

LittlePushka - tbh he does that too normally - hence my shock when he asked for the cuddle instead.

He will do anything for a choc button normally (which can be quite useful)....hasn't worked out that it is an option to have more than one yet, let along a whole packet but it can't be long!

negril Mon 01-Sep-08 21:56:52

the start of a beautiful son and mother relationship long may it continue.

chipmunkswhereareyou Mon 01-Sep-08 22:08:39

Someone has to hug me in this house - dh isn't the most demonstrative around!
Negril - I will enjoy it now before he becomes more interested in hugging girlfriends than his mummy sad Got about 12 years to go I guess!

LittlePushka Mon 01-Sep-08 23:17:56

Chipmunks - DS questioned me when I drpped his reward from2 buttons to one. So I said he would get two for a poo.

But now, every time he sees two o anything, eg people/dogs/police officers he shouts "TWO FOR A POO!!" blush

Have created a monster

chipmunkswhereareyou Tue 02-Sep-08 08:49:15

Ha ha LP. That must be quite embarrassing...

After a while of potty training ds stopped asking for a choc button each and every time he went so hopefully yours will too. At one stage I was worried he'd still be asking for one whenever he did a poo at age 16!

LittlePushka Tue 02-Sep-08 15:35:58

Nah,..at 16 the reward size will have escalated to; "Mam, can I have a lift to X now?" " Mam can I just have a tenner?" etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now