Talk

Advanced search

15 month old won't leave me alone!

(9 Posts)
Zacksmum Mon 01-Sep-08 11:53:28

help! DD is driving me mad! not sure what else to do- if i leave the room she screams blue murder! follows me around all the time hanging on my trousers crying. tried sleep, food, drink, medicine but the only thing that works is if i sit down on sofa, then she plays happily, until i get up. anyone got any advice? will it ever end?

RedHead81 Mon 01-Sep-08 11:57:45

LOL!
I can't even fart in peace - and going to the toilet is a nightmare!
"Are you having a poo mummy?!"
"But is it a BIG POO OR A LITTLE POO???!!!!!!!"
Oh FGS don't tell the neighbours I'm having a poo!

He's going to be 4 in Dec - so no I don't think it will ever end! If you do need to do some work around the house though, just do it - she will soon learn that she can't have your attention 100% of the day. Get her involved with the housework - give her a duster!

MatNanPlus Mon 01-Sep-08 11:58:09

Maybe just sitting and being around will reassure her that you haven't vanished, maybe she tried to find you and you weren't where she thought you were in the past few days and it has freaked her out a bit?

If you have tp do things involve her in carrying something, ' helping' you and holding your hand out to her and telling her where you are going and asking if she is coming to.

andiem Mon 01-Sep-08 12:03:10

mine is also 15 months and also like this he is okish if his brother is in the room with him but not all the time
I just keep chanting it is a phase and taking him from room to room with me

Zacksmum Mon 01-Sep-08 12:09:03

am getting used to having a shower with my foot jammed against the door!! do you think she's just bored? i have been spoilt with my son as he has always played v happily on his own!

hughjarssss Mon 01-Sep-08 12:10:56

I have this with my 10 month old .. she doesn't do it with her dad though.

Soprana Sat 06-Sep-08 23:49:56

Cripes. I haven't had a poo with the door closed for months.... DD (15 months) won't let me! I have given up on privacy and gotten quite brazen about my bodily functions (which believe me was a milestone for me).

I reckon if I can close the door again by the time she goes to school/I go back to work then we're on track....

AvenaLife Sat 06-Sep-08 23:52:41

It's because she loves you and thinks that if you go out of the room she'll never see you again. sad They all do this. I think ds was more or less permanently attached to me for 2 years. He's 9 now and still a loving child.

susiecutiebananas Sun 07-Sep-08 00:01:33

It really is a phase... a fairly long one though wink

DD is now 19months and still like it. I have to also jam te shower door shut! She actually just got in the other day, when I turned roujnd to get the soap! It was actually very funny. I'd left her out side the bathroom, she was reading on the floor, happily as she knew where I was and could hear me. she was only wearing her nappy. Next thing I knew, I tiny naked body was clinging to my leg! She'd ever been in it efore and had a freak out about ' it raining mummy, raining, raaaaaiiiiiining mummy'

I now get her to 'help' me do things like load the washing machine, or unload it. she loves 'helping' hmm but it means she's occupied whilst I pop in and out, room to room. plus, she has to sit up on the chair when i'm cooking or washing up. It makes everything harder work for sure, but at least she's a bit happier.

She really is not as bad as she was at 15months. She is happy to be with other people too, like my mum. however, se does get a bit worried if she sees me go out of the room at mums, or if we're here together. I think she's never quite sure if she's being left with mum, despite being incredibly happy in her company or staying at her house.

Sorry, not a huge amount of help but just reassurance really that she is normal! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now