Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 Year old Sleep Problems

(5 Posts)
Sarag71 Sun 31-Aug-08 21:14:51

Help ! My DS used to go to bed like clockwork. bath, story and then bed at 7pm, asleep soundly within 15mins.
Not now tho ! now it's bath, story, bed, but still awake at 9-10pm and even then it's not usually in his bed but by the door. If we move him into his bed at that point and he wakes up we get hysterics !
not sure what's changed ? hopefully it's just a phase ?
he's also fighting naptime as well and then pallig asleep in his tea.....
is it just terrible twos ?? has anyone experienced anything similar and have any advise ?

guineamango Tue 02-Sep-08 21:43:08

Hello I was searching threads for identical advice! My 2 year dd has slept through since 9 weeks. Has good bedtime routine and suddenly this week started night waking and refusing to go to bed. Tonight she discovered that she can climb out of her cot. Hoping it's a phase and trying not to do anything to encourage her into continuing this behaviour. Sorry no advice for you, kind of glad to find I'm not the only one worrying about this!

Aliwali Sun 14-Sep-08 19:36:42

I'm with you both on this one! I have a 2.5 year old - little girl. She has always been a total star at bedtime - bath, story, bed, out like a light within 15 minutes. The last few days it's been a nightmare! She cries if we leave the room, insists she wants to sleep in our bed (which she's never done!) and wants various toys/books/drinks/etc.
Looking at some of the other threads I'm wondering if it's too little activity and too much telly recently. Might try knackering her out tomorrow afternoon! I will let you know how I get on.
hmm

hotbot Sun 14-Sep-08 19:43:08

hello all,
just to let you know that the exact thing is happening with dd 22mths - nightmare isnt it,
btw she gets loads of fresh air, exercise and no telly - sorry aliwali.....grin
i think dd is going thru a new phase i just wish she would bloddy tell us what it is.

Nyx Sun 14-Sep-08 20:56:43

This probably isn't much help right now, but my dd's 2.7 and is generally pretty good at bedtime (except that my dh or I have to lie with her when the light's out until she sleeps - anything up to 30 mins or so usually). But now and again there are times when she is so fidgety, naughty, simply not wanting to lie down and sleep - or even sit for stories sometimes. This can go on for quite a while! And it usually lasts for a few days to a week or so. Looking back, I've realised she tends to get like this before coming down with a cold or something. Afterwards she goes back to normal. Wonder if it's something like that? Best of luck anyway to all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now