Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS is 21mo and only has 4 teeth: should I be worried?

(5 Posts)
jaz2 Sun 31-Aug-08 20:58:19

He got his first tooth at 11mo, then the next 3 by the time he was 17mo. Nothing since then.

Having looked at previous threads I can only see one instance of such delayed arrival of teeth.

It's not affecting his speech, or his eating (and I quite like the "gummy bear" look!).

yelnats Sun 31-Aug-08 21:00:14

Nothing to worry about at all. My dentist says the later they get them the longer they'l keep them. both my dd's were/are slow at getting teeth but as you said it didnt stop them eating anything. DD2 is 18 months and only just got number 7 and 8 last week and has been able to eat a whole corn on the cob since she has 4!

nell12 Sun 31-Aug-08 21:02:10

no problem at all!!!

My ds was the same and is now the same with his adult teeth... he is nearly 13 and has not lost a single molar or pre molar!

Our dentist was quite happy with it, basically saying the later milk teeth come, the less time there is for them to get trashed before they fall out!

jaz2 Sun 31-Aug-08 21:12:27

Good to hear DS isn't alone (and that dentists think really late teeth are not a bad thing), thank you.

I'd just like to see one or two more teeth appear soonish - and then I'll relax.

dollybird Sun 31-Aug-08 22:16:26

my dd and ds only had one or two teeth at a year old. Maybe got them quicker after that, but neither have lost any teeth yet and they're 6 and 5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now