Talk

Advanced search

dummy, what to do.

(5 Posts)
hollyandnoah Sun 31-Aug-08 18:03:11

My ds was 8 month old yesterday.
He has a dummy, but he used to get it at nap time, i've noticed reciently him actually looking for it and putting it in his mouth himself when he is playing.
What to do?
I don't want to still have to plug him when he is 2..
Can i just go cold turky or is he too old now?

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sun 31-Aug-08 18:08:41

my 15 month old putes her dummy in when she can see it while playing but i take it off her and keep it in her cot untill nap time and it doesnt bother her when she cant see it

SquiffyHock Sun 31-Aug-08 18:11:58

I used a clip with both of mine which was on their grobags - the only other time that they had the dummy was in the car on long trips - keep it associated with sleep. Just don't have them lying around the house.

I took it off both of them at 18 months - with DD I cut a hole in the top so it was 'broken' - she gave it up with no problems at all.

birdinatent Sun 31-Aug-08 18:16:15

going cold turkey is surprisingly easy whatever age, we hung a bag of dummys on a tree for the dummy fairy then went for a walk and there was a present there when we got back. ds3 was 3 at the time and took a week for him to stop asking for them, and didnt stop him sleeping or make him cry or anything.

Wish I had done it when he was a bit younger actually as we are at speech therapy now!!

hollyandnoah Sun 31-Aug-08 18:21:46

ahhh birdinatent speech therapy is a scary thought tbh. i've heard a lot of dummy horror stories, and i never see any babies with dummies, feels like its only me sometimes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now