Talk

Advanced search

my ds, 8 months, wont keep covers on at night

(9 Posts)
hollyandnoah Sat 30-Aug-08 23:47:04

So i bought some sleeping bags for him but he manages to get the zips down half way ( the ones that zip right up the front)
Just went through and he was compleatly out of one that closes with poppers. arms out and everything, lying on his front with bum in the air upside down at the bottom of the cot.

What now? It's not exactly freezing atm, but i live in Scotland so it will be soon! He has always been like this, so i used to swaddle him.

Any suggestions?

DaisySteiner Sat 30-Aug-08 23:48:16

Have you tried putting it on back to front?

Doodle2U Sat 30-Aug-08 23:52:10

No advice but I loved it when mine stuck their bums in the air like that - too cute! grin

Actually, a bit of an idea - wack up the radiator in his room when it turns colder!

hollyandnoah Sat 30-Aug-08 23:52:45

no i haven't! And i didn't even think about that. blush thank you

Ronaldinhio Sat 30-Aug-08 23:54:08

Get a sleeping bag from JoJo ...their zips end up at the bottom corner and my escapologist hasn't managed them at 18 months

Doodle2U Sat 30-Aug-08 23:54:19

OR, dress him in layers - so vest sleepsuit, cardy, socks etc...so you can take summat off or put summat on, depending on temp.

hollyandnoah Sat 30-Aug-08 23:57:57

do they? I will go check the site out. I have one grobag that has a side zip, but its only a one tog, havent tried it at night yet.

doodle, i have got some of the grobag socksuits coming next week sometime to try that out.

balanomorey Sun 31-Aug-08 11:24:04

I had this problem with my dd - but only when she was bit older and wiser!! I always bought Grobags - the newer ones now come with a little tab that popper fastens across where the zip ends so little ones can't get at the zip to undo them. The older styles didn't have this and those were the ones she was getting out of. Had no problem with the newer ones.

I must say, Daisy's is an excellent suggestion! Wish I'd have thought of that....it's always the most simple ideas that we never think of, isn't it!!

DRAGON30 Sun 31-Aug-08 11:56:27

Vest, light Growbag, and shirt over the top. Or sew a tab over the zip at the top, and fasten with a button.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now